Rheumatoid Arthritis Referrals
Want to relieve joint discomfort? Get an accurate diagnosis from our experienced physicians.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an auto-immune and inflammatory disease in which the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy cells in the body.
RA attacks multiple joints at once. Most of the time, it strikes the hands, wrists, and knees. The lining of a joint with Rheumatoid Arthritis becomes inflamed which damages the joint tissue. This damage can lead to severe, persistent or chronic pain and loss of balance among many other varied symptoms.
Our doctors at Riverbend Medical Clinic can correctly diagnose Rheumatoid Arthritis and refer you to a Rheumatologist who can suggest treatments to reduce some of your symptoms and support you in living a better life.
Common signs and symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
You should see a doctor at Riverbend Walk-In Clinic if you consistently have the following symptoms in multiple joints.
- Joint pain
- Joints are stiff when you wake up and it can be hard to move for an hour or so
- Lumps on elbows and knees under the skin
- Swelling of joints
- These things are happening on both sides of your body, not just one
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- You feel weak
Here are some facts about RA
- “About one out of every 100 adult Canadians has RA.”- Arthritis Society
- Rheumatoid arthritis affects women more than men.
- You can get RA at any age, but it occurs most often in adults between 40-60 years old.
- There is no cure, but there are treatments that can prevent damage to joints.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a serious disease, but if it is caught and treated early enough you can avoid much of the pain and tissue damage that it causes. You can still live a long, healthy life. If you think you may have RA, please visit our walk-in clinic today.